Barry Tanner, a recent COHST graduate in Diploma of OHS was awarded by the Safety Institute of Australia (SIA) for exceptional performance in his qualification.
After being nominated by the COHST staff, Barry underwent assessment by an SIA selection panel. This included the quality of assessments, references and commitment to OHS practises.
The wait was finally over when Barry was awarded an OHS Education Award in Category 1 - Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety - at the prestigious SIA dinner on the 20th August 2009. As stated by an SIA representative The award was based on "Barry's demonstration of consistently high academic standards, practical skills and a commitment to being involved in OH&S practice".
The great achievement included:
- Student commemorative medal and certificate of achievement
- Book voucher to the value of $200
- Free membership of the SIA for one year
- Participation in the SIA Graduate/Mentor support program
- Free entrance to Safety in Action 2010, including Gala Dinner
COHST would like to take this opportunity to again congratulate Barry, and wish him every success for his future endeavours.
Learn more about the Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety at COHST.